LAUREL MAIN STREET is an organization dedicated to the revitalization of Historic Downtown Laurel, made possible by partnership with our members, the City of Laurel, public and private contributors and the Mississippi Main Street Association and the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
The focus of Laurel Main Street is the preservation and economic growth of Laurel’s Central Business District. LMS is one of 50 certified Main Street Communities in the State of Mississippi.
Did you know?
SINCE THE INCEPTION OF LAUREL MAIN STREET
Businesses Opened: 43
Jobs Created: 125
Private Investment: $9.1 million +
Facade Improvements: 24
OTHER SUCCESS STORIES & ACHIEVEMENTS
THE LAUREL WELCOME CENTER
Winner of 11 MS Main Street Awards • New Bicycle Rack • New Trash Cans • Oak Street Pocket Park • LJC Library Mural • Marcus Furniture Building Mural • Graffiti Removal Program • Way-Finding Signage • 1-59 Billboards Sandwich Boards Loan Program • We Are Laurel Banner Campaign • Walking Tour Brochure • Trees Planted Along Central Ave. • Rehabilitation of Leontyne Price Park • Rehabilitation of Sidewalk Planter
Why you should join us.
BECOME A MEMBER, PARTNER, OR SPONSOR
YOUR MEMBERSHIP, partnership and sponsorship dollars allow Laurel Main Street to continue its programming, which includes hosting downtown events, completing beautification projects, improving existing facades and developing and recruiting new businesses in downtown.
We invite you to join Laurel Main Street and help us turn the vision of a revitalized Downtown laurel into a reality. Your Membership offers the benefit of knowing firsthand about downtown events and projects. Members can become even more proactive by joining one of our committees. Most importantly, you or your business will receive a voice of the issues that affect downtown.
FOUR MEMBERSHIP LEVELS
1. Individual: $50
2. Family: $100
3. Business: $250+
4. Partner: $1,000+
INDIVIDUAL – Defined as a single person who joins Laurel Main Street
- Discounted rate ($10.00 per shirt) for one Laurel Main Street t-shirt.
- One free Laurel Main Street decal.
FAMILY – Defined as a couple who joins Laurel Main Street, including children under the age of 18
- Discounted rate ($10.00 per shirt) for two Laurel Main Street t-shirts.
- Two free Laurel Main Street decals.
BUSINESS – Defined as any local business whose owner / agent registers the business for membership for the purpose of receiving the benefits listed in this section (distinguished from a local business owner signing up as an Individual Member only)
- Committee Advice – Organizational and professional guidance from Laurel Main Street committees, which are comprised of Team Members with professional experience in the fields of economic restructuring, design, promotion, and organization.
- Individual Consulting – Team Members are available for individual consulting in their respective fields should a Business Member desire additional advice and direction.
- Free Classes – Business Members receive free entry for Laurel Main Street sponsored classes led by Team Members and other Laurel Main Street leaders. Classes range from business branding and image management to effective use of digital marketing and social media.
- Selective Promotion* – Business Members will have opportunities for selective promotion via Laurel Main Street’s various promotional mediums for special business events (e.g., Grand openings, special events hosted by a business or occurring in correlation with other Downtown events / occasions).
- Website Listing – Business Members will be included in the Downtown Directory on the Laurel Main Street Website.
- Brochure** – The Downtown Brochure, designed by Erin Napier, will include Business Members.
- Sandwich Board Loan Program – Allows businesses to use promotional sandwich boards featuring Laurel Main Street branding. Conditions apply.
- Free decal to be displayed in storefront window to signify association with Laurel Main Street.
- Discounted rate ($10.00 per shirt) for Laurel Main Street t-shirts. Please note that there is no quantity
restriction, such as those for Individual and Family membership.
- Free entry for up to two people at Laurel Main Street ticketed events.
* Individual sales marketing (e.g., “25% off shoes, one day only!”) is not included.
** The business name will not be added to the brochure until existing printed quantities run out, at which time a redesign and reprint will be produced. This occurs approximately every two years.
PARTNER – Defined as any local business whose owner / agent registers the business for membership for the purpose of receiving both the benefits listed in the section above and the extended continuing benefits as set forth in this section.
- Partners will take precedence in cases of conflicting resources (e.g., if only one event can be promoted between Partner and Business Member, Partner’s event will be promoted).
- “The Main Street Minute”* – Partners will be highlighted in a short (~ one minute) video production called “The Main Street Minute.” The Main Street Minute is not a commercial; it is a business profile that allows business owners to inform the community about both their business and themselves as members of the Downtown Laurel community. The video will be featured on Laurel Main Street’s various digital mediums (e.g., website, social media, etc.).
- Website Feature – Partners will receive an in-depth website promotional feature highlighting their business and further communicating the goals and values of said business.
- Partners may make quarterly $250 payments to reach the $1,000 membership payment requirement.
- Laurel Main Street never asks Partners to sponsor events.
* Pursuant to the terms of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and any other state or federal copyright / digital media ownership provisions, Laurel Main Street retains control of all material, whether used in the final product or not, related to the creation of any Main Street Minute content, and retains control of all said audio / video contents both before and after production.
- Laurel Main Street will recognize one business as “Business of the Year.” The award will go to the business or building that does the most to beautify its storefront and create an engaging, inviting atmosphere.
- All membership amounts are due annually; automated billing is encouraged.
- Laurel Main Street is a registered 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Organization. Donations are tax deductible (speak with accountant for further information and conditions).
- The Welcome Center will host general information about Business Members and Partners (e.g., type of business, hours of operation, and products / services offered).
Become a Volunteer.
THE KEY TO OUR SUCCESS
AT LAUREL MAIN STREET, we understand that volunteers are the greatest asset and the key to our success. They are the backbone of our organization and our events and projects. On your membership form please let us know if you are interested in volunteering and in what areas you want to be involved!