It’s everyone’s favorite time of the year–time for Loblolly Festival!
This year’s event can’t be missed. It’s going to be the biggest and best Loblolly we have ever hosted–clocking in at over 230 vendors from all over Mississippi.
Loblolly Festival is on Saturday, October 1st from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. This event is rain or shine, and thankfully, the weather looks perfect!
Know Before You Go
- Furry friends are allowed to attend the festival, but be mindful of city leash laws and please pick up after your pets.
- Loblolly Festival is free!
- Keep the City ‘Beautiful’! Make sure to discard pet waste, food, and garbage in trash receptacles.
- When you’re sippin’ and strolling, make sure to follow the city’s open container laws, and stay in the leisure district.
- Ample parking is available in outer lots. Don’t be afraid to get your steps in!
- Visit the Laurel Main Street trailer to get this year’s Loblolly T-shirts! $25, limited quantity
What is Loblolly?
We get so many questions every year surrounding the name and history of this event. Check out some of our past blogs to read more about the history of Loblolly Festival and of Laurel, MS.
Loblolly Festival: Celebrating the Town that Timber Built
Loblolly: The Power of the Historical Name
Expect plenty of unique vendors, including all kinds of food & drink, arts & crafts, and organizations. This year’s event is completely packed for the first time in history!
Demonstrations vary, but a crowd favorite is Dayton Scoggins, the chainsaw artist. Dayton will be on-hand this year selling his creations, as well as demonstrating the art of chainsaw sculpture.
One of the best parts about about Loblolly Festival is the entertainment. The line-up this year is not to be missed!
Bring your lawn chair, grab a beer from the Southern Beverage trailer, and enjoy music all day long.
Main Stage (located on Front Street)
- 9:00 AM- 10:00 AM Stephen Wade Scott
- 10:30 AM- Noon Ra’Shad the Blues Kid
- 12:30 PM- 2:00 PM Tyler Tisdale
- 2:30 PM- 4:00 PM Red & the Revelers
The Knight Butcher Stage (Central Avenue)
- 11:00 AM- 12:30 PM Jesse Howell
- 12:30 PM- 3:00 PM BIG
Head on down to 5th avenue to check out the Kids Zone, full of fun for all ages like jump houses, activities, and games.
Don’t forget to eat and shop with our Downtown businesses this Saturday! Get your day started as early as 6:00AM with a loaded tea from Forever Nutrition and end your night at one of our amazing restaurants with even more live music, like 320FifthStreet.
Scarecrow Invasion 2022
This year’s Scarecrow Invasion debuts on September 30th, and will last through October 31st. Loblolly Festival is the perfect time to get out and view these whimsical creations!
Get ready for something new! Vote for your favorite scarecrow display in the “People’s Choice” category on our Facebook page. Voting begins October 2nd.
Other Fun Around Town
Our friends at Laurel Arts League are hosting the annual “Art on Masonite” competition at the YWCO for viewing during Loblolly Festival. Sit down, enjoy the AC, and support our talented young artists around Jones County!
The 30th Annual Heritage Arts Festival will take place on the lawn at Lauren Rogers Museum of art from 10:00AM- 1:00 PM during the festival. Best part? It’s free!
We can’t wait for Loblolly Festival, and we hope that you and your family join us this year! #loblollylover